- Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Cardiome Pharma Corp.
- Genentech Inc.
- Schering-Plough Corp.
- Pfizer Inc.
- CSL Ltd.
- Talecris Biotherapeutics Inc.
- Shionogi Inc.
- Shionogi & Co. Ltd.
- Victory Pharma Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
- Medarex Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Sirtris Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- CoGenesys Inc.
- BiPar Sciences Inc.
- H. Lundbeck AS
- Lundbeck Inc.
- The Medicines Co.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GMBH
- Actimis Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Axikin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Proteon Therapeutics Inc.
- Elixir Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Cephalon Inc.
- Ception Therapeutics Inc.
- Galapagos NV
- Avila Therapeutics Inc.
- Forma Therapeutics Holdings LLC
- Exelixis Inc.
- Oxford BioMedica PLC
- Johnson & Johnson
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals AG
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- ARCA biopharma Inc.
- Transcept Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Purdue Pharma LP
- Zalicus Inc.
- Neuromed Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Covidien Ltd.
- Mallinckrodt PLC
- Human Genome Sciences Inc.
- Orexigen Therapeutics Inc.
- MAP Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- D-Pharm Ltd.
- Novartis gets global license to Portola's elinogrel; terminated
- Merck licenses Portola's betrixaban; returns rights
- Merck gets ex- N. American rights to Cardiome's oral vernakalant; later gains WW rights; deal ends
- Roche to gain full ownership of Genentech in $43.7bn deal
- CSL buys Talecris for $3.1bn in cash and debt; withdrawn
- Shionogi acquires Sciele Pharma for $1.4bn
- Sciele buys pain management company Victory for $150mm; ended
- BMS takes over antibody platform company Medarex for $2bn
- GSK acquires sirtuin-targeting firm Sirtris for $720mm
- Teva moves towards biosimilars through $400mm CoGenesys buy
- Sanofi to acquire BiPar Sciences
- Additional round brings $20mm to BiPar Sciences
- Lundbeck buys spec pharma Ovation for $600mm plus earn-outs
- The Medicines Co. buys Targanta for $42mm, plus earn-outs
- Boehringer Ingelheim ties earn-outs to $515mm Actimis buy
- Novartis may buy Proteon for up to $550mm; withdrawn
- Novartis receives option to acquire Elixir
- Cephalon pays $100mm up front for option to buy Ception
- Galapagos signs metabolics deal with Merck; terminated
- Merck and Galapagos enter second collaboration; deal ends
- Avila grants Novartis an option to one of its programs
- Forma and Novartis enter potential $200mm deal
- GSK, Exelixis co-develop, -promote therapeutics; terminated
- Exelixis selects BMS as partner for XL184, XL281; terminated
- Sanofi and Oxford BioMedica enter ophthalmology deal
- BMS, Pfizer work together on Phase III antithrombotic
- J&J gets rights to Vertex's VX950 for HCV; Janssen buys royalty rights
- ARCA biopharma, Nuvelo in reverse merger
- Bayer HealthCare to sell Nuvelo's blood clotting agent; ends
- Hyseq acquires Variagenics in reverse merger
- Transcept to become public in merger with Novacea
- Schering-Plough, Novacea end Asentar deal
- Transcept grants Intermezzo rights to Purdue Pharma
- CombinatoRx merges with Neuromed Pharmaceuticals
- Neuromed grants Covidien US rights to Exalgo
- Human Genome Sciences nets $356.7mm via a follow-on offering
- Follow-on offering nets $81.6mm for Orexigen
- MAP Pharmaceuticals nets $31.9mm through follow-on offering
- Cumberland Pharmaceuticals nets $79mm in IPO
- Israeli biotech D-Pharm completes IPO on TASE
Ask The Analyst
Ask the Analyst is free for subscribers. Submit your question and one of our analysts will be in touch.
Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. email@example.com.
All fields are required.
All set! This article has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.
Please Note: Only individuals with an active subscription will be able to access the full article. All other readers will be directed to the abstract and would need to subscribe.